Chicken, Prawn & Chorizo Paella
Paella is a great dish full of flavour that you can easily make one of your staple dinners. The prawns and chicken provide a great boost of protein whilst the vegetables add vitamins and minerals for optimal health and performance. This is a tasty lower fat dinner that can be used as a great recovery meal from training!
Kcal – 467
Pro – 49g
CHO – 54g
Fat – 10g
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
tbsp. olive oil
2 tbs tomato puree
70 g chorizo (optional)
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs & 250g frozen prawns
1 cube of chicken stock
1 heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika
3 tbs fresh parsley
- Fry the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and paprika to the pan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chopped pepper and keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Stir through the tomato puree and crumble in the stock cube
- Add the rice, allow to absorb the flavours. Add 850ml boiling water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce the temperature and allow to simmer for 15 minutes with the lid off.
- Stir regularly!!
- Then add the peas and prawns – cook for 5 minutes